Monday, August 2, 2010

Power Point Blog

I thought the power point presentations went very well. I was excited to see all the students feel more comfortable uing the powere point presentation style of teaching. I thought The embedding of the video links made it easy for the instructors to use and navigate.

Some things I noticed that needed improvement were how a few slides were overloaded with text and writing, I got lost in all the print and it made it tough to read from the back. For the most part of presentations went well, the main thing that caught my eye were the slides that were cluttered with pics and words that eventually i would get lost in.

After viewing all of the presentations in class I could have done a better job using some sound clips. It is tough to know how to navigate through all the options power point provides. I also thought My main layout slide was boring and could have been more colorful or eye grabbing.

I love using power point for presentations, I think it is more effective then a lecture style. Power point can be a great tool if you know how to use it to its fullest capabilities students can really get a ton of info out of a power point presentaion by using pictures, words and video. Power point also helps create better eye contact between the teacher and students. At times powerpoint can be a burden becasue there is always a chance of technical difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment