This is a sensitive topic because of importance of technology in today’s society. As we have stated over and over in this class, Technology is becoming more prevalent with each passing day, however there are those low economic areas where students don’t have cell phones and access to computers and the internet. This is where the problem comes into play; just because a low percent doesn’t have these items does that mean we can incorporate them in today’s classroom? I think there has got to be a way around this and a few students should hold back a whole new way of learning, possibly a better more effective and hands on way of learning.
I’m not sure if I will be doing them a disservice personally, as a future PE teacher it is going to be tough to introduce technology into class every day. I think I might try and incorporate some kind of heart rate monitors and pedometers to some of my lesson plans so they can use numbers and math as well as have a better understanding of how the body works.
I think being a PE teacher can also be a tough task because are class sizes are usually much larger. This makes it tough for teachers to have enough equipment and materials for the whole class. It seems like with all the different teaching styles the lecturer style is fading out and power points are successful with the wide range of possibilities, Students are visual learners more than they ever have and we need to take that into consideration.
I think I will require students to write one paper on a health related issue therefore I would try and do my best to sign my class up for a day in the computer lab and library to do some internet research and get help where they need it. This may not sound like a lot, but every little bit helps and it will help build on their foundation.
No comments:
Post a Comment